Featuring Seasonal Cocktails, Vintage-Themed Dishes And Holiday Gift Options, Holiday Pop Up Will Transform Entire Space Into Bigbee’s, A 1950’s Style Department Store
CHICAGO (November 2016) – Beginning Tuesday, Nov. 29 The Dogma Group and CH Distillery will kick off the holiday season by transforming The Bar & Table at CH Distillery (564 W. Randolph Street) into Bigbee’s, a beloved mid-century department store window display, complete with Christmas trees, window frosting and specialized decorations.
Local beverage consulting team, The Dogma Group, and CH Distillery will take inspiration from the period and work with HMR Designs to channel 1952: food, cocktails, music, tableware and menu design all reminiscent of the era.
Christmas, A Cocktail Story will feature 11 new and exclusive cocktails to match the festive theme, some of which include:
- Gingerbread Vodka Mule (Rooibos Gingerbread Tea Infused Vodka, Ginger Beer, Lime)
- Bowling Ball (Bourbon, Aged Rum, Sweet Vermouth, Amargo de Chile)
- Eight Magic Nights (Aquavit, Pear Brandy, Lingonberry, Lemon, Dill)
- Fortune Cookie Mai Tai (Serves two, or limit one – CH Rum, Fortune Cookie Orgeat, CH Curacao, Lime)
- Pumpkin Pie Hot Buttered Rum (Served hot – CH Rum, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Cinnamon Cream)
- BB Gun (Cranberry Infused CH Bourbon, CH Amaro, Maple, Lemon, Egg White)
In addition to the seasonal cocktails, CH Distillery will offer guests a throwback menu of timeless dinner classics from the era of family dining, including:
- Cheese Balls - A trio of house-made cheese balls, rolled in garlic Provençal almonds ($6)
- Little Smokies - With BBQ sauce, just how you remember them ($3)
- Deviled Eggs - Four to a plate,, classic style and topped with paprika ($6)
- Fondue - A single serving of cheese fondue ($6)
- Deconstructed Chicken Pot Pie Soup - Everything you’d find in a pie, but without the crust, and served with a slice of sourdough ($8)
- Thanksgiving Sammie - An open-faced, deli style turkey sandwich, topped with mashed potatoes and gravy with cranberry chutney on the side ($12)
Guests will be able to further celebrate the golden age of downtown shopping at Christmas, a Cocktail Story with vintage-inspired and locally made gifts. CH Distillery will offer James Beard Award-winning bartender Charles Joly’s first barware collection, Crafthouse by Fortessa, a collaboration with Williams-Sonoma. CH Distillery will also have on hand local mixologist Greg Buttera’s Bitters, and “Cocktails for Ding Dongs,” the 98-page book by Chicago’s own Dustin Drankiewicz (Moneygun, The Promontory) and local artist Alexandra Ensign.
Guests can experience a transformed Bar & Table at CH Distillery from Nov. 29 through Dec. 23.