PILOT LIGHT EXPERIMENTS WITH SCIENCE FOR FOURTH ANNUAL
FEED YOUR MIND BENEFIT TO BE HELD ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7TH
Special Guest Chef Tom Colicchio To Headline Chef-Driven and Science-Inspired Fundraiser,
With Featured Tastings From Pilot Light Founders Jason Hammel, Paul Kahan, Matthias Merges,
And Justin Large, As Well As Extravagant Auction Packages From Award Winning Chefs
CHICAGO (August 2016) – Pilot Light, a not-for-profit started by award-winning Chicago chefs
(Jason Hammel, Paul Kahan, Matthias Merges, and Justin Large), will host its fourth annual fundraiser to be held on Friday, October 7th at Morgan Manufacturing (401 North Morgan Street). The evening will begin at 6pm with a VIP Early Entry, and the main event will take place from 7pm-10pm, with an after party hosted by Pilot Light’s Young Professional Board to follow with exclusive access to award-winning Milwaukee chef Justin Carlile’s Red Light Ramen food truck.
James Beard Award-Winning Chef and Top Chef host Tom Colicchio will host Feed Your Mind 2016, with help from emcees Ji Suk Yi of Windy City Live and Mark Bazer of The Interview Show. This year, more than 20 plus notable chefs will donate their evening to serve signature tastings from some of the best restaurants in Chicago. The event will embrace a science-themed evening that will include a live and silent auction in representation of a science fair. Auction items will include a plethora of culinary inspired items, including a special luxury item to be announced, from Cleveland’s award winning chef Jonathan Sawyers.
The evening will feature more than 20 unique tasting stations with items and experiences curated by each participating chef. All proceeds from the event directly support Pilot Light’s mission to empower Chicago school children to establish healthy relationships with food.
Feed Your Mind 2015 raised more than $180,000 to support Pilot Light’s goal of empowering children to develop a healthy relationship with food through a standards-aligned classroom curriculum that weaves food education into school subjects, such as math, science, social studies, and English. All proceeds from the 2016 event will benefit Pilot Light, a 501©(3) organization, and Chicago school children.
Pilot Light Founding Board Members and Participating Chefs
- Paul Kahan, Avec, Blackbird, Dove’s, Publican, PQM, Nico Osteria, Violet Hour
- Matthias Merges, A10 Hyde Park, Billy Sunday, Yusho (Logan Square, Hyde Park, Las Vegas)
- Jason Hammel, Lula Café
- Justin Large, Vander Mill Cider
- Justin Carlile, Red Light Ramen
Feed Your Mind 2016 will offer the following ticket levels, which are currently available for purchase at http://pilotlightchefs.org/fymtickets/
- VIP - $275 (Limited Availability) - Entry at 6pm
- VIPs enjoy early access to the event for an exclusive experience with the chefs and admission to the after party at 10:00pm. VIP ticket holders will be provided with early access to the event at 6:00pm, access to the chef curated Gifting Suite, VIP line at the Bar and invitation to a private cocktail party with the chefs on September 27th at 6:00pm.
- General Admission - $125 – Entry at 7pm
- After Party - $75 – Entry at 10pm
- Hosted by Pilot Light's Young Professionals Board, the After Party will be held at Morgan Manufacturing. The evening will conclude with a special appearance by Justin Carlile and Red Light Ramen’s food truck
For more information about Pilot Light and the fourth annual Feed Your Mind event, please visit www.pilotlightchefs.org.
Pilot Light is a not-for-profit organization that aims to empower children with the knowledge, attitudes, and skills they need to have a healthy relationship with food. Designed to inspire students to make healthier food choices, classroom lessons weave food and nutrition education into everyday subjects like English, math, social studies and science. From interactive food demonstrations to video and suggested readings to lectures, chefs and educators work together to develop lessons that align to the Common Core State Standards and Pilot Light’s standards for nutrition education. In the 2015-2016 school year, Pilot Light will reach over 1200 students attending school in underserved Chicago communities. For more information about Pilot Light, please contact Pilot Light Executive Director, Alexandra DeSorbo-Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 518-339-2296, or log on to www.pilotlightchefs.org.
FOR MEDIA INQUIRIES, PLEASE CONTACT KARRIE LEUNG AT